IBM Security AppScan Review

Scalable and powerful, helps find errors in the code base

What is our primary use case?

Our clients use it to try to find errors in base code, and also to find how solutions work together.

I believe they have on-premise usage; they are local government, so they are not very used to using the cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

I'm mainly working on the licensing side and not the technical side, so I don't get this kind of feedback.

What is most valuable?

Scalability, and it's a very powerful tool.

What needs improvement?

I believe there are improvements that can be made, but I'm not aware of those kinds of things.

It's stable.

For the market in Finland, when we are talking about a mid-size company, it equals a small company here in the USA, but they are mainly from 1,000 users to 10,000 users.

Tech support is responsive. With the local support I get all the help I need. I'm a former IBMer, so I know the right contacts, so it's quite simple to work.

I think it's a little bit complex, and that's quite a common issue with most of the IBM products.

Some of the customers are using office open-source tools, but most are not using a tool at all. So, that's the competition. Of course, they are thinking about return on investment because it's quite an expensive tool and they won't take it back.