HCL AppScan Review

Easy to use and gives good insights into vulnerabilities

What is our primary use case?

We use it for all website development and web-based applications, as part of our development test cycle and QA.

We also routinely use it on existing applications in production because, in terms of security and vulnerabilities, some of the latter exist on some of the platforms that we run. So we run it from time to time, to do some security checks, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

It has certainly improved our organization In terms of quality of solutions that are developed.

What is most valuable?

I think it's easy to use and gives back some pretty good results, certainly for vulnerabilities.

What needs improvement?

I haven't actually used it personally, so I'm not sure that I would be able to answer this.

It's pretty stable.

It's scalable. We just did a review of the product itself, and it's something that we've decided to keep and continue using.

Support: I'll just leave it at "good."

This particular product is one of the easier products to set up.

What other advice do I have?

We've had a relationship for some time, over 20 years now, with IBM. It's really about the products, in terms of what we are looking for. That's really the deciding factor in deciding whether we'd use them for a particular solution.