IBM Security Secret Server Review

We have achieved centralized password management. Disaster recovery could be improved.

What is most valuable?

• Privileged credentials management: With this feature, we have achieved centralized password management. This is especially the case when we do not manage the users, but we still can secure passwords.
  • Automatic checkout via the access agent
  • Simple and automatic
  • Session recording
  • Accountability, security, and audit

How has it helped my organization?

Centralized Password Management: Our client has more than 400 geographical locations and approximately ten employees work at each location.

Giving access to business application passwords for 4000 users will make it highly insecure. Now that passwords are being managed with PIM, this makes us feel happy and satisfied.

What needs improvement?

High availability and disaster recovery could be improved.

While planning for a production environment, the HA and DR setup is a mandatory requirement from most of the customers.

IBM PIM can support HA and DR setup, but that requires a lot of complex steps and need in-depth technical knowledge of some tools which are beyond the scope of this actual product.

Another issue is migration. If you have a hosted PIM in your local environment and you plan to migrate it to some cloud-based environment, then migration will become a painful task.

I have been using this for the past three years.

Earlier versions of this product had stability issues.

No issues so far with stability.

I would give IBM technical support a rating of 9/10.

We did not have a previous solution.

The setup was simple and straightforward.

I am not the right person to ask about pricing and licensing.

We evaluated CyberArk and Oracle PAM.

What other advice do I have?

Planning, planning, and planning.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are IBM Premier business partners.