IBM SmartCloud Control Desk Review

Helps standardize our workflow, track client tickets, and it's very flexible

What is our primary use case?

Helps configure workflow. It's good, it's a very flexible tool. It's very valuable for us.

How has it helped my organization?

Standardization of our work process, and the tracking of all tickets from all the clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable are its flexibility and agility. It's quick to change it, to adapt it to your needs. That's the most important for us.

What needs improvement?

More facility or flexibility for reporting, and business intelligence in the tool.

It's very stable.

The scalability is very high. We are only 100 people, but some clients have 45,000 users. The scalability is very high. Just add more servers and there is no problem with scalability.

Initially we used HPE Service Desk. Then, Remedy (IBM SmartCloud Control Desk) version 5.

When selecting a vendor, the most important thing for us is the flexibility of the tool. It must be very flexible to change the workflow or to add new workflows for the clients. It must have stability and scalability as well.

I have worked on the setup of projects for clients and internally. The initial setup is somewhat complex. The tool has a lot of functionality but configuring it for setup is medium-complex. For the end-user it's easy, but for configuring and setup it's medium-complex.

What other advice do I have?

In general, I rate this solution a nine out of 10, for the flexibility, for agility, for being able to change the tool to adapt to your needs.

Look at the work process in the company, the incident, problem, and change request process. Then look for the flexibility from the tool, for adaptibility to the processes of the company.