IBM SmartCloud Control Desk Review

Helpful tool for support, tickets, and system monitoring

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem deployment model. Our primary use case of this solution is for support, for tickets, and system of monitoring.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation of most IT processes and not only

What is most valuable?

The brand name is the most valuable aspect of this solution for me. It's IBM. It's a global company that supports this product, it's not something open source or something like that.

What needs improvement?

Support has been the biggest problem for us. I understand that because we use the product of a global company, some changes are not quick to deploy. I want things to change quickly in my email, for example, but I don't get this. I understand that they're a big company and they have lots of tickets they have to solve for it but my customers don't and it bothers them.

New updates can create problems. I worked from version 7.2 to 7.6 and I know some problems that occurred in 7.2 and IBM resolved this problem but in 7.4 and 6 we had this problem again. Now I need to wait to resolve this problem again for the new fix.

The main problem is to get a person from the top line to talk to you. It takes a lot of time to describe my problems to the first line, then for the second line and then to try to repeat this problem in the environment. When we have connected with the top line, it resolves for a few days, for example. The people don't have enough knowledge or experience to solve my problem.

We cannot send pictures from our system to our email client. Our clients will send a screenshot of their problem but the picture won't appear. We have the same problem when we send emails from the system to email clients, we don't see the screenshot that we can add to the text. I would like this to be improved in the next release. Our clients want their email support to support pictures, margins, rich text and other things. I would for them to resolve this in the next release.

More then 10 years.We started from 7.2 version.

It's more stable than not stable for me. I haven't had any major problems with it.

We have around 100-500 users.

We used ManageEngine, but than we needed more functionality and we changed system.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's easy for me now because it appears fresh. It's a modern system but it was not so easy like it is now. We have an easy way to install our system. I think that the installation is easy.

In the start of project we used vendor team, but then we used our own specialists.

For our country, I think it's expensive but we don't have another way to buy this license. We need to pay once and then pay only for support every year. We pay for support on a yearly basis.

Maybe Omni.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.