IBM Spectrum Protect Plus Review

Flexible deployment, powerful API, and it doesn't need an agent

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we implement IBM products, such as Spectrum Protect Plus for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The testing capability is good.

It can back up both VMware and Hyper-V in one console.

It can back up bare metals servers and doesn't need an agent. There is no specific limitation for backing up to either the cloud or on-premises.

The API is very good.

The duplication and compression features are included in one license.

What needs improvement?

Replication feature is available for off site backup. New generation data backup technologies are constantly being developed for multi-cloud environments.

The feedback that we have received is nice and we have heard no complaints of instability.

We can extend the customer's backup storage, add servers, or add new disaster recovery sites.

We have been in contact with technical support, and whenever we have a problem we open a ticket to IBM. They have supported us well for any case we have had.

The implementation and installation will take 15 minutes at the maximum.

It can be deployed on-premises or as a cloud-based solution.

The price is lower than that of some competing products.

Some of our customers are planning to replace Veeam with the Spectrum Plus software. Veeam is a powerful tool and good for virtualization, but the price is lower for the IBM product.

What other advice do I have?

This is a modern technology that supports not only data protection, but include HIPAA resources and virtualization. It is a product that I recommend.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

IBM
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Global Technology Distributor
More IBM Spectrum Protect Plus reviews from users