IBM Spectrum Protect Plus Review

Integrates well with Oracle, operating in different deployment models

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution is for virtual machine backup.  I have multiple environments including public-cloud, private-cloud, and an internal infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the integration with Oracle.

What needs improvement?

The backup support for IBM Power Virtualization needs to be added. This would be a pretty good plus for this solution because no product at this moment, as I know, offers this feature.

I have been using this solution for a three month trial period.

It seems stable. I don't have much experience with this solution in a production environment, but it seems pretty stable.

I did not use this solution extensively during the trial period.

The solution can be scaled easily.

I was the only person using this solution during our trial period.

I did not contact technical support during the trial period.

I know their other product, IBM Spectrum Protect Server, very well. I tried this solution, IBM Spectrum Protect Plus, to see what is different. I wanted to know what the advantages were to using this version.

Given that we are an integrator, our environment is one such that we will not be switching, at least for the moment.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward. The deployment took approximately one day.

I took care of the deployment myself.