IBM Spectrum Protect Review

Great archiving features with good stability and the capability to scale

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for backing up all of our servers and data. We also use it for a lot of driving data.

How has it helped my organization?

I'm new to the company, so I don't know if I can answer how the solution has improved the organization.

What is most valuable?

The archiving feature is the most valuable aspect of the solution.

What needs improvement?

Although I am not a technical user, I would say the cloud integration features could be improved.

I'm fairly new to the company, however, I've been using the solution for probably just over five years now.

The solution is very stable. We haven't faced any bugs or glitches. There haven't been system crashes. It's reliable. An organization won't have to worry about stability.

The solution is highly scalable. An organization that needs to expand the services should be able to do so without any issues.

The solution doesn't have a high user count. Rather, it is used by our IT department to protect our organizations' data. No end users would have access to it. About 10-15 people from our storage and data protection team have access to it currently.

Technical support is great. they're very knowledgable and technical people. We've been satisfied with the level of support they've provided. It's been very good. We've had cases in the past where they've been able to help us overcome issues effectively.

I wasn't at the company at the time the solution was implemented, so I don't have knowledge as to if the solution is difficult or straightforward to set up.

I don't have any information about the pricing of the solution other than to say it's a little bit higher than we would like.

We are always looking at different solutions. For example, we are looking at Cloud Work, Cohesity, and Rubrik. We're very early in the process of evaluating them, so we don't have clear differentiators yet. It's too early to discuss a comparison of features.

What other advice do I have?

We're not partners with IBM. We're just customers. We have a good relationship with the company, however, we are not reseller partners.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. It's a great solution, and we've been very happy with it, but it does lack cloud integration features. If it offered that, I'd rate it higher.

More IBM Spectrum Protect reviews from users