IBM Spectrum Protect Review

Very stable after deployment and will perform in a steady state

How has it helped my organization?

Spectrum Protect provided a steady state in my backup operations and confidence in restores procedures with 99% assurance.

What is most valuable?

It is the only backup software which gives retro-compatibility, resilience, and enterprise agents.

What needs improvement?

This product should be more user-friendly for newcomers.

It is very stable after deployment and will perform in a steady state.

Scalability in not an issue for this product. It is a real enterprise class backup software.

Customer service is a plus, always giving an answer with skillful personnel.

There is really good technical support.

I had different backup products. Each one is really good with similar backup needs, but with Spectrum Protect, I could get a holistic product for heterogeneity environments.

In the beginning, the product was sometimes difficult to deploy. Then, there were improvements by IBM, giving more confidence to customers.

Now, setup is really straight forward.

Implementation was made in-house for many clients, which provided me with quite good expertise and autonomy for the future deployments.

Regarding retro-compatibility of the product between versions, your data is always available and the ROI is unquestionable. Also, the different license models can give good benefits to the end customer.

Licenses have to be studied regarding a client's need. However, with Entry License, Front End Capacity or Back End Capacity, there are many choices.

I tried other products, but some of them were not suitable for enterprise class.

What other advice do I have?

The product is always getting better, and it is still the most reliable backup product in the market.