IBM Spectrum Protect Review

Not only handles backup but restores and saves many services in critical situations

What is our primary use case?

This product handles backup issues in all areas and tasks, both stand-alone and various cluster options, replication.

How has it helped my organization?

Spectrum Protect does not just improve our work, it saves the infrastructure of more than one enterprise in the event of hacker attacks, administrative errors, and a variety of other failures.

What is most valuable?

The main feature of this product is a flexible architecture and functionality that allows you to solve problems of any complexity and scale. Most importantly, it is not just a product that simply makes a backup, but it restores and saves a large number of services in critical situations. By the way, it works fine with different types of clouds, supports S3.

More than five years.

I think it makes sense to think about Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization because Red Hat has better backup.

More IBM Spectrum Protect reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Veeam Backup & Replication
Learn what your peers think about IBM Spectrum Protect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
533,285 professionals have used our research since 2012.