IBM SPSS Modeler Review

An efficient solution with great data aggregation

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to generate and deal with data. We have feeders which have the methodologies and the data gives us leverage to deal with that and provide the graphic.

I'm an application architect and we are customers of IBM.

What is most valuable?

It's a very good and reasonably priced solution. As a data analyst, the data aggregation is very good. It's a very quick method to merge the data. If you can use the data site, they offer you about 20 different analytic modes. It's simple and precise and it accelerates the data.

What needs improvement?

This is an expensive predicament software solution. Currently, the terminals offer the tools for the data analytics, but it needs development. There's a limit to the license. For the data analytics, it's very similar to Tableau. The solution has lots of branches, departments and the teams - that makes it quite a complex solution. We don't always use or need the major developmental version. We care about the KPI. We only care about the KPI reporting so it would be helpful if things were simplified.

I've been using this solution for a year.

This is a stable solution.

The scalability has been pretty good so far.

I think the technical support is very good. I deal with both the technical side and the commercial data warehouse and have had no problems with technical support.

I believe the licensing costs are $5,000 per year.

Some of the team might prefer Tableau as it's a newer solution, but this one works for us.

What other advice do I have?

It's a very good product. We haven't used the full extent of its power because our team only use the basic part of the Modeler which deals with the migration of data.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More IBM SPSS Modeler reviews from users
...who compared it with KNIME
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Knime, SAS and others in Data Mining. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.