IBM SPSS Modeler Review

Stability is good, but we have run into a few problems doing some entity matching/analytics

What is our primary use case?

We are in the early stages of its use, therefore we are trying to discern predictive analytics on it. We are using it either for workforce deployment or to improve our operations.

We are using on-premise to run our models (on machine). We did different prototypes, but it is still in its early stages.

How has it helped my organization?

It has not yet improved my organization.

What is most valuable?

The muddling capabilities to help us find some trends.

What needs improvement?

I do not know yet what areas of improvement there might be.

I can't say what additional features that I would like to see in the future.

I have not worked with it enough yet. From what I have seen, it is good. We have run into a few problems doing some entity matching/analytics using this portion of the software. This is mainly because our data; we do not have enough data points to compare and match the different entities.

It is hard to define at this stage.

We had an IBM Guardium service contract where we used one of their resources to help us develop our prototype. It was a good experience, but they were helpful and responsive.

We were not previously using a different solution.

Initial setup of the software was complex, because of our own problems within the government. It took us four years to deploy it to a machine.

I was not a part of the contracting and RFP phase.

What other advice do I have?

I have not used the visual modeling capability very much.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: As we are part of the government, we put up a proposal (an RFP). The government always select the lowest price meeting the requirements. That is who wins it. It is out of our control. We do not choose a vendor. It is a process.