IBM SPSS Statistics Review

Merge, Aggregation, and Crosstabs functions are valuable for data preparation

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped our analyst unit deliver work with more transparency and confidence, given that we can always view the dataset in totality, after each step of data transformation.

What is most valuable?

• Merge, Aggregation, and Crosstabs functions are most valuable when I'm performing data preparation.
  • Statistical modelling functions within this product, such as Regression and PCA function, are also useful.
  • The point-and-click interface is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

Needs more statistical modelling functions.

More than five years.

Not applicable.

Not applicable.

Good.

Setup was straightforward. My IT support helped me with the setup; it was quick.

Our licence is on a yearly renewal basis. While pricing is not the primary concern in our evaluation, as products are assessed by whether they can meet our user needs and expertise, the cost can be a limiting factor in the number of licences we procure.

What other advice do I have?

The learning curve to using this product is not steep. The program is appropriate for those who do not have a lot of background in programming, yet have to perform basic statistical analysis.

More IBM SPSS Statistics reviews from users
...who compared it with SAS Analytics
Learn what your peers think about IBM SPSS Statistics. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.