IBM SPSS Statistics Review

Powerful analytical tool even for multivariate statistics and has the ability to easily change any variable in our research

What is our primary use case?

My primary use for IBM SPSS Statistics is as a user and a consultant.

I use it for my research in market analytics. I also use it for cluster analysis for customers. Currently, my eight students in university are using it in their projects. I think that IBM SPSS has improved very much and its data mining capabilities are also very good. I suggest it as a powerful research tool for anybody in different areas.

I work mostly with market analytics. I think that it's good in different areas. For example, some of my students in university also use it for factor analysis and component analysis. I also use it for descriptive statistics describing a population, and for information analysis. Its application for regulation analysis is very good. And I use it in my private work, too.

What is most valuable?

I think that it's easy to use because of its variable inference. It has two variable ports and the variable experience is very nice because every variable has its own purpose. It has the ability to easily change any variable in our research.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what can be improved, currently, I don't have any ideas because I think that it's in very good shape. It compares with its peers.

I do think that the design of the experience can be improved.

Also, I think that it can improve its ability to import or export the results from other software.

I have been using IBM SPSS Statistics for more than five or six years.

Right now, there are 5 or 6 users in my company using the product. I have plans to increase usage because currently, I am working with some new customers on their market analysis and ideas. So I'll introduce this to them for their future analysis.

Regarding the SPSS technical support - I don't have any problems. I can find any answers on the internet or by searching on their site. I don't have any problems in this area.

I currently work with MiniTask software and Microsoft Excel for analysis in my various work.

In terms of initial setup, I don't have any problem opening it. It usually takes less than half an hour to deploy.

I think that IBM SPSS Statistics is a very powerful analytical tool, even for multivariate statistics. Other software solutions that I mentioned don't have these capabilities and are weaker than SPSS.

What other advice do I have?

I think that it is a very good analysis tool for many different areas. For example, recently I found many applicable uses in my research and for market analysis. SPSS can be deployed as a very powerful tool. I am now consulting with very different customers in various areas to improve their the analytical tools with their analytics team.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate the IBM SPSS about eight or nine. To make it a 10, I suggest improving the design that experiments are run on.

More IBM SPSS Statistics reviews from users
...who compared it with SAS Analytics
Learn what your peers think about IBM SPSS Statistics. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,164 professionals have used our research since 2012.