IBM SPSS Statistics Review

Good custom tabs, good clustering capabilities and very stable

What is our primary use case?

We use SPSS specifically for doing segmentation analysis and customer analysis including various kinds of share model predictions, etc.

What is most valuable?

The solution has numerous valuable features. We particularly like custom tabs. It's very useful. We end up analyzing a lot of software data, so features related to custom tabs are really helpful.

All of the clustering for multi-related techniques including clustering, factoring, etc. is quite useful.

The cost integration features are very good.

What needs improvement?

The data preparation skills need improvement. When I compare the solution with other tools or competitors, this solution needs to simplify data preparation.

The solution needs more planning tools and capabilities.

I've been using the solution for about ten years now.

The solution is very stable. I haven't come across or heard of any problems on the solution. There's no bugs or glitches. It works well.

I don't believe this solution would be the best for companies that need to scale. It doesn't have the level of scalability available to grow very much.

I haven't been in touch with technical support directly, but I have been using their forums to help troubleshoot issues. I've researched some forums. Whenever I encounter issues within the solution, I will actively browse a few forums for blogs for documentation that might provide me with some insights.

I have previously used different solutions. I've used SAS, R, and Minit. There are many other solutions as well that I have tried out at one time or another.

The initial setup is very straightforward. We didn't have any issues with the implementation.

I didn't actually deploy the solution, so I can't speak to how long it took. We use different tools as well that I work with. I can be deployed, but I'm not sure how long it would take an organization exactly.

We have an enterprise-level license with IBM.

Although we're working with IBM right now, we're currently looking for a new data science platform solution. I was hoping to find an open-source tool that could fit our needs in the future. We're evaluating R and Python right now, but they're not quite what we need. On all of our new engagements, we'd really like to use open-source only.

What other advice do I have?

We're an official IBM partner. We have an enterprise license; I'm not sure if we're currently using the latest version or not. We might be on V3 or V4.

I'd recommend the solution to other organizations.

I'd rate it nine out of ten.

More IBM SPSS Statistics reviews from users