IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services Review

Flexible and scalable with great pricing options

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to provide shared infrastructure and shared service to large corporates in South Africa (large retailers). We also use it in other industries and verticals, for them to connect to all of the local banks.

What is most valuable?

It's strong on security features, which is really a must-have nowadays.

The solution is extremely scalable.

The stability is good.

Overall, the solution offers great features.

The product is flexible.

It's really nice that they have so many pricing options for companies to choose from.

Technical support has always been very knowledgable.

What needs improvement?

The ease of use could be improved upon.

Onboarding on the solution is complex. It's hard to onboard partners and customer suppliers. It's one aspect that is not that straightforward.

IPI functionality is there, however, it be expanded. That would be very helpful to us.

It's difficult to say what's missing due to the fact that the suite really covers a full range of practicals and security features and monitoring.

A small feature that could be added would be the ability to send alerts to mobile devices.

I've been dealing with the solution since around 2012. It's been just under ten years.

We haven't had any issues surrounding stability. It's pretty reliable.

The solution has very good scalability. It's definitely one of the major benefits of the solution overall. We're a multi-tenanted platform. We use sheets and we scale it every day to as new customers get onboarded. In terms of fall volumes it's extremely scalable in terms of partners that you onboard, it is very scalable.

Technical support is good.

Due to the fact that the solution is so complex and might be in such a high-volume environment, we make use of technical support a lot. Specialized support is available. That's a major advantage. It's not just superficial. They are really, very strong specialists. They are extremely knowledgable and very responsive. We're quite satisfied with the service we get.

The initial setup is actually in between easy complex. It's not straightforward. It has levels of complexity.

It takes about three months to deploy the product.

We handled the implementation ourselves in-house with our own team. We didn't use a consultant or integrator.

Their pricing has changed recently. They're bundling items. There are various pricing options available now. It's a wide range of pricing options, which makes it much more attractive for your mid-market customers.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, for how we use it and the way our organization is arranged, this solution works very well for us. I'd rate it at a nine out of ten.

I would definitely recommend it to other organizations. It's got a lot of scalability built into it and a lot of versatility built into it. It can act as an integration platform, or it can act as a file gateway with multiple articles. It can also meet a lot of your security requirements.

Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, OpenText, Seeburger and others in Business-to-Business Middleware. Updated: September 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.