IBM Storwize Review

The services to help us migrate our NAS data from an existing EMC VNX system has failed once already with ACL permissions issues specifically on how the V7000U NAS works.

Valuable Features

We have not had a good experience with this platform.

The installation and service was very good. But, the services to help us migrate our NAS data from an existing EMC VNX system has failed once already with ACL permissions issues specifically on how the V7000U NAS works. I have had to involved IBM Global Support by actually contacting high level Vice Presidents. As of January 26, 2016, we have not successfully migrated our NAS data.

Improvements to My Organization

It has not improved anything yet within our environment.

Room for Improvement

They could increase the maximum storage capacity so more disk shelves can be added.

Use of Solution

We've had it for eight months, but still have not successfully migrated our NAS data yet. Also, it contains drives for AS/400 system and Exchange Archive data.

Software functionality issues that were not known until our NAS data migration failed. We hit further ACL Permissions issues as well.

We have performance and spiking issues of which IBM applied a work-around patch.

There have been no issues with the scalability.

6/10

It's average.

We switched to Pure Storage because of the way the system performs and does everything in 32K sizing. The IOPS are high and the support and customer server are exceptional.

Fairly simple as it took about two hours to rack and get on-line.

Implementation Team

It was installed through one of our partners who did a good job.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

We feel that the pricing is fair and the licensing process was easy.

Other Solutions Considered

We evaluated EMC (which we already had), DELL and HP.

Other Advice

The sales team was great as was the technical team. I now feel the EMC VNX and NetApp are both better NAS systems. If I had to do it over again, I would stayed with the EMC VNX for NAS.

Free Quote

We will send you a quote typically within one business day.

1 Comment
John GagelUser

You are not alone in having a bad experience with this product.Would be interested to see if IBM resolved this issue for you ?

26 January 17