IBM Storwize Review

Good deduplication and compression features and has a good interface

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem deployment model. Our primary use case for this solution is for backup for the solutions. We sell this solution to customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are deduplication and compression.

The interface is also good.

What needs improvement?

The ease of installation should be improved. We had issues with the configuration model.

In the next release, there should be and flash and caching features. Customers also have problems accessing their files from the storage. That's what they usually complain about. This is something they should improve.

The main issue is the speed in terms of accessing the data. That is the customer's big complaint. They also complain about the speed of the hard drive.

We did not have any issues from the client saying that Storwize had stability issues. We didn't have any issues with it.

Technical support was okay. We had their support remotely and also from the local support stream.

The price is good. We are also IBM partners and the give big discounts for the same product.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.