IBM Tivoli Access Manager [EOL] Review

It’s a very flexible and customizable product but installation and configuration need improving

What is most valuable?

It’s a very flexible and customizable product.

How has it helped my organization?

• It provided a secure and robust end to end security solution.
  • You can fine tune authentication and authorization
  • It’s also easily scalable.

What needs improvement?

• Installation and configuration.
  • If you don’t know the requirements of the supporting components, it could be complicated to install and this has been improved in the later versions that are renamed to IBM Tivoli Security Access Manager.
  • Also the knowledge base articles on the internet are limited.

Several years.

No issues encountered.

This is a very stable product that can run forever.

There are no issues with scalability with this product. Easily to do with no downtime.

Good. Nothing to complain about.

The technical support are very skilled and has helped solve all issues that I needed help with in a timely fashion.

No previous solution used.

Not as straight forward as Microsoft products where the dependencies are bundled in the installation.

I was part of the in-house team and we managed to handle it without the help from the vendor.

The setup cost is like any other product, and once setup, this product requires very low maintenance.

No other options were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Most often IBM Tivoli Access Manager is not involved when backend applications are developed an this can sometimes cause the applications to not function properly and you need to spend time troubleshooting and do changes in the application.

An IBM Tivoli Access Manager technician should be involved from the start when developing a new application.

More IBM Tivoli Access Manager [EOL] reviews from users