IBM Tivoli Access Manager [EOL] Review

It now is available a physical or virtual appliance. This simplifies the management a lot, and the deployment as well.

What is most valuable?

Since a couple of versions back, the product moved to a different “mentality” I would say. Compared to when it was deployed as a software package, things are now much smoother in that direction. The product is coming as an appliance (either hardware either virtual). This method simplifies the management a lot, and the deployment as well. It provides SSO across applications, together with risk-based access and strong multi-factor authentication. Very flexible and scalable.

What needs improvement?

There are few things where there is room for improvement:

Log management via UI is one of the them. Automation can be achieved via REST API’s, for example, but in a small environment, when a customer is using the UI, for example, you cannot do a multiple selection of logs (to be deleted let’s say). Or a filtering of those.

A better/easier-to-use (user-friendly) interface. A more intuitive interface and menu navigation would be useful.

Rollback of FixPacks to be available via UI as well. At the moment, if you want to roll back a FP, you can do it only via LMI (appliance console).
Those would be my main requests to be improved.

I’ve been using the product since 2009.

I think in the earlier versions I was working with, there were (a few times) some small stability issues, but those were related more to the very custom environments on the customer side.

No scalability issues on this side.

Technical support is doing its job mostly. What I don’t particularly like is the flow duration. But it really depends on the magnitude of the problem you have. I would rate it as good to very good in most cases.

I did not previously use a different solution.

I haven’t used any other vendor’s products.

What other advice do I have?

It is a simple-to-deploy solution, with many features that are supported out-of-the-box without complicated setup. But, depending on your requirements, it can become complex but not hard to manage.

More IBM Tivoli Access Manager [EOL] reviews from users
...who work at a Insurance Company
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Broadcom, Auth0 and others in Single Sign-On (SSO). Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.