What is most valuable?
- Several SSO methods are supported out of box.
- Federation based SSO (SAML / Oauth / OpenID etc) setup is easy.
- Very good performance and scalability.
- The internal STS token service can be used for custom SSO tokens.
- It is highly scalable and can meet high loads and performances.
- Reverse proxy sits in front of the application and applications need only minimal changes to support SSO with ISAM.
How has it helped my organization?
Our customer had SSO requirements, as well as web-firewall and federation requirements that we fulfilled through this product.
What needs improvement?
Administration of the product can be improved a lot. IBM has taken care of this in good manner in release 9.0.
Product documentation, especially the new version 9.0, should be improved to give a quick understanding of product components and features.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have been working on this solution for over seven years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
We did not encounter any stability issues.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
We have not had scalability issues. It has good scalability features.
How are customer service and technical support?
Technical support is good to excellent.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We used Novell eDir Access Manager.
How was the initial setup?
Product setup is straightforward.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Licensing is good for this product as compared to other solutions in the market. It has competitive pricing.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We looked at OpenAM and Novell eDir Access Manager.
What other advice do I have?
Choose a good implementation team and do not do an in-house implementation.
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Broadcom, Auth0 and others in Single Sign-On (SSO). Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.