IBM Tivoli Access Manager [EOL] Review

Uses automated provisioning to create users. I would like to see AngularJS support.

How has it helped my organization?

The automation of provisioning has reduced the time it takes for creating a user or an employee in our organization.

What is most valuable?

Flexibility to connect with different environments and product stability are the best features.

• Connection: There are a number of players in the market and most of them have challenges with being able to connect seamlessly without customization to various data providers, such as queues or databases. Since IBM's Identity and Access management has been in the market for a long time, the connectivity has improved over time.
  • Stability: An application that is not stable enough will never succeed in the market. I have seen less down time.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft has active file handling where you can access different types of documents from the browser itself. This is not supported anywhere other than with Microsoft products. This is desirable, but not a show-stopper.

AngularJS is not yet supported. This could be a cause of worry, since we are seeing the emergence of many AngularJS scripts in webpages. I am sure IBM is working towards enabling it.

There is Java process that hangs in WebSphere almost every month.

We have had no problems with scalability.

I would give technical support a rating of 4/5.

I have always worked with IBM products. This solution was from Tivoli before IBM acquired it.

Compared to the Oracle setup, the initial setup was straightforward.

Pricing is competitive and is lower than other players in the market.

We evaluated Oracle, SailPoint, and ForgeRock.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it. It will be good for your business.