IBM Tivoli Access Manager [EOL] Review

Component integration, SSO capabilities and transparency are the most valuable features I have found.

What is most valuable?

From my experience, most of the product features are meant for specific purpose(s) of its own demand and need. Implementing the feature depends on case to case, considering the organization's enterprise/middleware infrastructure design.

TAM component integration and their SSO capabilities and transparency are the most valuable features I have found.

How has it helped my organization?

It applies access controls on an organization's web space while running on its components independently, while being highly available. We can isolate our organization infrastructure from security considerations, as we have our entire organization security policy centralized, organised & administered from its API.

What needs improvement?

Older TAM versions are not compatible for connecting to a DB. I'm not sure if it is available in iSAM 8/9.

However, since iSAM 9 was released as an appliance model, I don't think having a DB as a TAM database directly makes any difference for the users.

I have used it for five years.

We have not encountered any deployment issues. There were a few challenges while implementing ETAI, and ETAI++ integration with the existing infrastructure.

Kerberos setup/run time & virtual hosting concepts have some limitations.

We have not encountered many stability issues.

We have not encountered many scalability issues.

Customer service is 8/10.

Technical support is 8/10.

I have used CA SiteMinder, as well.

I don't see any technical reason for switching a strategic product from IBM TAM. However, considering the iSAM way of making an appliance model, which creates dependency on the cloud for infrastructure, we may think of other options.

Initial setup is straightforward, but we might have to consider the solution architecture to make full use of its components' capacity.

Implementations were in-house projects.

Before choosing this product, we evaluated CA SiteMinder and Oracle Access Manager.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good security product to integrate with any middleware infrastructure.