IBM Transformation Extender Review

It maps to our data format and then we insert it to the mainframe.

What is most valuable?

We use the mapping tools. We use the solution for mapping. It maps to our data format and then we insert it to the mainframe.

How has it helped my organization?

Different trading partners have different file sets. It is very difficult to map their data format into our format. This is a nice tool which converts one format of data to another format.

What needs improvement?

We want to see more API support from Transformation Extender. Right now, there is a lack of API support. It has an API that we always use; we use Java to call the Extender, the maps, with the external API. That API is limited. It's not mature. That's where I'm looking for improvements.

The stability is nice. We like it.

The scalability is nice.

We have stand-by vendors. We use OpenLogix and another consulting firm. When we have any issues, they are the point of contact instead of IBM.

Before this solution, we used Sybase with manual transfers, and then we moved to ITX.

I was involved in the installation and it was straightforward. They came and they installed it. They gave the knowledge transfer, we maintained it, and we implemented on top of that.

Before choosing this product, we did not evaluate other options. We directly chose IBM.

What other advice do I have?

When choosing a vendor, we look for the one that is the most technically oriented.