IBM VersaStack Review
Replication and DR implementation became faster
What is our primary use case?
- Server consolidation
- Storage consolidation
- Easy DR implementation
- VMware implementation
How has it helped my organization?
- Easy virtualization implementation
- Consolidation of data store
- Replication and DR implementation became faster.
What is most valuable?
- Compatibility with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
- Storage level replication
- Dedupe features
- Single management through UCS Manager
What needs improvement?
The following needs improvement:
- Raw data mapping for storage is not a given option, but must be customized.
- Storage management integration with UCS Manager.
For how long have I used the solution?
Three to five years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We were using rack mount servers, not a SAN network nor storage.
How was the initial setup?
Zoning was a bit complicated for a new implementation, but it was easily adapted.
We utilized a SAN switch instead of directly connecting to the Cisco FI.
What was our ROI?
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We evaluated HPE and Dell.
**Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Last updated: Jun 19 2018
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Dell EMC, FlexPod and others in Converged Infrastructure. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.