IBM Watson Explorer Review

We are working on integrating voice commands in banking apps with this technology

What is our primary use case?

I'm working on development of an application with a bank, Banco Bradesco, and they use it to integrate with Watson. It's a new technology for the bank and they continue learning technical and other skills for this technology, to apply this app in the future, to integrate with other technologies in the bank as well.

How has it helped my organization?

The new feature of the application is voice commands, and last week the bank began marketing to educate, to talk to people about voice commands in the app; that it is a new feature in the bank's apps.

What is most valuable?

Today, integration of voice commands is the focus of development.

What needs improvement?

In the next three months, Bradesco will start to working with the AIX operating system. Today it is working on Solaris but all of the machines are being switched.

Less than one year.

No, it's not yet stable. It's a beta only, currently, for testing. I have one month to turn this product into something stable, and then invite people to download the installers. But today, no.

The bank, today, has 24 million customers using the website and other devices to get money, to pay bills. It is the second largest bank in Brazil. It's a large institution. It has thousands of employees in Brazil.

IBM has been working with Bradesco since 1968, I think. The support is very good. IBM has a team within Bradesco in Sao Paolo. The team has 10 IBM employees, working every day, 24 hours. It's very interesting. It's very good.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to 10, for me this product is an 11.

I love WebSphere, I love the integration with Watson. It's very interesting. I am working with a great IBM team, and the support is very good. I'm working in Scopus, it's a technology partner for Bradesco.

For me, it's a very interesting integration, Scopus and IBM. In the past I started a relationship with Oracle, but you have problems with this integration, Oracle doesn't have a good team to work with. IBM is working very well, for me it's good.