IBM Watson Machine Learning Review

Feature-rich, good image classification capabilities, and support from IBM is good

What is our primary use case?

We are using this product to do some R&D work.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this product for R&D has helped with our understanding of how machine learning will help us. For example, we are working on image processing for patient recognition.

What is most valuable?

I like the whole concept of using Watson.

It is has a lot of good features and we find the image classification very useful.

What needs improvement?

They should add more GPU processing power to improve performance, especially when dealing with large amounts of data.

We have been using IBM Watson Machine Learning for less than six months. It's very new for us.

Stability-wise, my experience so far has been good.

Although Watson is scalable, the performance degrades the more it is scaled.

We have a team of 30 people who are working on it. At this point, we have no plans to increase our usage.

The technical support from IBM is good.

The installation and initial setup are easy.

My team handled the deployment.

The pricing model is good.

We are not using the licensed version; rather, we are just using a trial account.

As a developer, I have not personally evaluated other options. One of the other teams does the product research for bringing solutions into the company.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I definitely recommend.

IBM
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, TensorFlow, PyTorch and others in AI Development Platforms. Updated: June 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.