IBM Watson Studio Review

Two-way communication is provided through weekly technical meetings

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is an algorithm for our radar sensor for autonomous driving. We do use it in a cloud environment for our testing.

When there is more interference, the speed and efficiency of the algorithm become more important. This is where we have high hopes that this technique will help us. Not only in the current interference algorithm that we are working on, but in the future with things like object classification.

Less than one year.

It is a stable, reliable product. In our experience, everything is fine.

The product should meet our stability needs going forward.

Technical support is great. We have had weekly teleconferences with the technical people at IBM, and they have been fantastic.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We started looking at IBM with Urban US. That is where we made the connection.

We did look at some open source products, but nothing in particular, as IBM stuck out.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Reputation
  • Being a start up, we need to have good technical support. There are big players that would not even talk with start ups.
  • Two-way communication is really important, especially for something as new as this, which is why we have weekly meetings. It is helpful on both sides.