IBM Watson Studio Review

Easy to use with a straightforward initial setup and an easy-to-follow demonstration

What is our primary use case?

I primarily used the solution as an API. The solution was a deployed model and I was just installing the API, sending some data and returning some data from REST API. It was very easy to use.

What is most valuable?

The computer version was very helpful. It returns approximately five clusters of the projected features.

The solution is very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

When I'm exploring the data and it takes me to another page, when I want to return to my workflow, it returns me to the first step. I'm not sure if this is typical but it was my experience. It would be great to make it easier to explore the data and complete the workflow using the same method.

More features in data virtualization would be helpful. The solution could use an interactive dashboard that could make exploration easier.

I've been using the solution for one year.

I don't think I did the steps to see if it's mature enough or not and considered stable. You have to use it in the product to see how it performs. In my case, it was just a demo that I used. I was just testing the tool, so I can't say if it's mature or not.

I installed the solution in a stand-alone server. I didn't test for scale virtually or to see if there was any failure so I can't speak to its scalability.

I haven't used technical support.

The initial setup was easy. You just need to follow the demonstration.

We didn't need outside assistance. I have experience in installation and also in Linux and Linux big data, so it was very easy for me to install such tools.

What other advice do I have?

We're an IBM partner.

I'd recommend the solution. I'd rate it eight out of ten.

More IBM Watson Studio reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Microsoft, Amazon and others in Data Science Platforms. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.