IBM Watson Studio Review

Employs AI for professional analysis of video and other content

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for Watson Studio was to analyze the trans-video prints about the operation so they can get their own insight into how the public thinks about their corporation. Also, I analyzed resumes so the AI can generate the proper information for the resume.

What is most valuable?

The most important thing is that it's a multi-faceted solution. It's a kind of specialist, not a generalist. It can produce very specific information for the customer. It's totally different from Google or any search engine that produces generic information. It's specialty is that it's all on video.

It's professional.

AI is an important part of Watson Studio.

What needs improvement?

The product is already really great but for most researchers or a person like me, there are few templates to try something new. So we're limited.

Also, I think to make the most of Watson Studio the user interface needs to be improved. For the developer or the engineer, it could be very easy to use but to a person or a text analyzer, they could have some problems using it. So a better user interface could be very helpful

I used it briefly.

In terms of the stability, it's technology is like a black box. We never know how it works, how the AI engine works. We find out how but to do the work we need to try lots of experiences.

The scalability was great. It worked. It works fine as long as you can train it in the right direction.

I would rate IBM's technical support as average.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment took maybe three months to six months because we tested it and tested it, over and over again.

We have our own team that implemented it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it around eight or nine out of ten because sometimes I experience some unknown error.

More IBM Watson Studio reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Microsoft, Amazon and others in Data Science Platforms. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.