IBM Watson Studio Review

Integrates consistently across your digital channel when trying to build an end-to-end digital platform

What is our primary use case?

We are doing the cloud part of the IBM Watson Studio. The customer needed a marketing analytics solution. IBM Watson Studio is a very comprehensive suite of marketing solutions including AI and predictive analytics.

How has it helped my organization?

IBM Watson Studio consistently automates across channels. When you're trying to build an end-to-end digital platform, it integrates consistently across your digital channel whether you're going through emails or shopping charts. That all is integrated into your call center. You use it mostly when you want to break into your communication channels your customer interactions. That's when it's actually really good. You don't have to bring many pools together to get your solution. You can have your emails, your leave management, hotspot, or your social media. You can have analytics built into that little eco-system that IBM Watson Studio creates.

What is most valuable?

The customer was looking at doing some predictive analytics, so that was the part that we focused on. They were also looking at how they could automate simple things within the analytics themselves. For example, if you can teach the machine the algorithms to do certain things, then it can automatically do those things and extract data from that. The customer also had other IBM solutions so that played a part in why they went for IBM Watson Studio. Integration with other tools, especially for IBM products, is not a problem because IBM has an open-source platform where you can build things from. So that makes it a very good solution to have if you can afford it.

For our deployment, it scaled well. IBM Watson Studio is not just one solution. It is several solutions put together. That what makes it a very strong solution. It's like having Salesforce and Google Analytics in one single solution.

We didn't use the technical support from IBM. We only used the available online documentation. But it was sufficient for our purposes.

Since we only worked with IBM Watson Studio once it was difficult because we were new to it.

We are system integrators. We do not consume our deployment of IT. We deploy it for others. We have deep pockets of experience to be able to work with this kind of solution. The documentation was good. It really helped us.

It will come down again to cost. Some of the solutions are really good solutions but they can be a little too costly for many. I think a lot of software vendors have considered having special pricing for African countries. After the deployment in Johannesburg, I tried to pitch it to a local Telco because I felt they needed it. They couldn't do it based on the pricing. They felt the price is just too high.

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I would give is to have your general design structured properly. That's how you can get the best out of it. Because the objectives would be really clear to everyone. You can know which ones to bring onboard. Then if you are deploying it a system integrator, you have to understand the customer's journey as a whole. This means that you have to have insights on the different channels that customer is using.

I rate the IBM Watson Studio at a nine out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller.
More IBM Watson Studio reviews from users