IBM Watson Studio Review

Good technical support and the page search functionality provides valuable insight into competition

What is our primary use case?

My primary use is to create a forecasting model for sales. I am doing automation from a supply chain point of view.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the page search, where I can have it visit my competitor's website and search through all of their promotions and offerings.

The SPSS Modeler components are all built-in, which is useful.

The notebooks are really helpful for data science.

It has a lot of data connectors, which is extremely helpful.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup was complex.

I have been using Watson Studio for about six months. It is currently still in the PoC phase.

We have only implemented the PoC and not on a full-scale production basis, so we have not yet encountered issues with scalability.

We have been in contact with technical support a few times and they are really good. They are very prompt, unlike the case a year or two ago when they were not very responsive. The fact that the support is fast is something that I really like.

We did not use another data science platform before this one.

The initial setup was very complex, although it was not due to the product but rather, the complexity of the business.

We are currently evaluating two other products. One of them is from Oracle and the other is from JDA.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is that it is really good for an enterprise-level organization. It is not really suitable for a small or medium-sized business.

More IBM Watson Studio reviews from users