IBM WebSphere Application Server Review

Good data consistency and decent scalability but needs to be more customizable

What is most valuable?

The solution's data consistency is great. It's very reliable. This is important for a transitional scenario. It is critical for us, so data consistency is the most important feature that we count on.

The user interface is reliable.

The scalability of the product is quite good.

What needs improvement?

The availability of the solution needs improvement.

The product should be more enhanced and responsive. We need to have the capabilities to customize it a bit more.

Their pricing is always too high.

The user interface isn't too impressive.

The stability of the solution could be much better.

The solution's technical support could be improved. They can be too technical and too detailed.

We've been using the solution for ten years.

The stability of the solution is okay. I'd rate it overall seven out of ten. It's mostly reliable, however, I believe it could use some major improvements.

The scalability of the solution is pretty good. I'd rate it seven out of ten. It's possible to scale a bit if you need to.

I've dealt with technical support in the past. It's not the best. It could be improved.

The initials setup is not straightforward. It's quite complicated. An organization needs some pretty good experience. They need a high skill level.

For us, deployment took half a year.

What other advice do I have?

We're just users. We don't have a business relationship with IBM.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. I'd rate it higher if they offered more customization capabilities and was more responsive.

More IBM WebSphere Application Server reviews from users