IBM WebSphere Application Server Review

It's scalable and reliable. The support that we get is important.

What is most valuable?

It's scalable and very reliable.

How has it helped my organization?

The incredible support that we get from IBM is of primary importance, that I see, because anytime we have a problem, help is just a phone call away.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see the ability to build clusters made a little bit easier. It is kind of a manual process right now and this would just help save time and reduce resources.

The process is only partially automated and still requires significant manual effort to complete the configuration of an operational WebSphere cluster.

We have yet to max out the IBM MQ cluster. We have not been able to find the limits of the scalability yet.

We have used the technical support several times, successfully. It was great.

This solution was already in place when I was hired, so I didn't have a choice.

It wasn't easy, but nothing in IT is. The setup was pretty straightforward and any problems that I had, I was able to find the answers on the IBM Website.

What other advice do I have?

It's an awesome solution. Compared to everything else that's out there in the market right now, IBM MQ is hands down the best solution available and that's based on 40 years of IT experience.

Invest in training. It's a complex product, but once you learn how it works, it's fantastic.

Reliability and the use of cutting-edge technology are important factors while selecting a vendor. Everything that's already in IBM MQ is state-of-the-art technology.

More IBM WebSphere Application Server reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Application Server
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Red Hat, Apache and others in Application Server. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.