IBM WebSphere Application Server Review

Has a variety of configuration database certificates and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We use it as a gateway for our payment application. It receives requests and processes it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the configuration of the application server. It has a variety of configuration database certificates and connection pools. It has good stability of the application server in the long term compared to other solutions.

What needs improvement?

It should be able to serve more concurrent requests like Oracle. Oracle has more powerful stability, availability, and real-time serving.

WebSphere is not light enough to implement high available applications like gateways. But WebSphere has more configuration abilities and customizability.

I have been using it for three months.

Stability is frustrating. It goes down after a specific number of user connections. It does not have high availability.

I have contacted their technical support. They offer good help to help resolve the issue. They were efficient and helpful. They have good documentation.

I deployed it from scratch. It was not complex. It's easy to implement compared to other application servers.

The implementation took eight hours.

We require three engineers who do maintenance. We have an unlimited amount of users.

There aren't any additional costs besides for the standard licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

It has a sensitive implementation. If you do a wrong step, it will destroy the whole thing and you will need to start from scratch.

More IBM WebSphere Application Server reviews from users