IBM WebSphere Application Server Review

Easy to install and the GUI is intuitive and easy-to-use

What is our primary use case?

This solution is normally used on the front-end of applications that we have in DB2. Our customers are in a variety of industries including insurance, financial, and retail. They use the WebSphere Application Server as part of their portal that talks with our database.

We have installed this application under several different operating systems including Red Hat Linux and IBM AIX.

What is most valuable?

This solution is easy to use with a GUI that is intuitive and very helpful.

You have the ability to do a lot of things with the commands.

What needs improvement?

Some things are very difficult to do, so the interface and usage could be more intuitive for those.

The main complaint that my customers have about this product is the price.

I have been working with WebSphere Application Server for between five and ten years.

My customers have told me that this solution is very stable and it is working well.

I have dealt with IBM's technical support on a variety of issues and normally it is pretty good. The response time is good and depending on the area, some support is more diligent and more effective than others. In general, I would say that they are above average, but the support could be improved in certain areas.

The initial setup is quite easy. You don't necessarily need to be a technical person. The configuration can be a little more demanding, but the initial installation is not difficult.

The price of this product is higher than that of competitors.

What other advice do I have?

IBM WebSphere Application Server works well and fulfills all of the requirements that are demanded of it, so it is a product that I recommend.

More IBM WebSphere Application Server reviews from users