IBM WebSphere Message Broker Review

The basic features work well, but it is expensive and the technical support is slow

What is our primary use case?

We have a large number of use cases for this product. It is built into the underlying infrastructure for most of our applications.

What is most valuable?

We only use the basic features, but the most valuable one for us is the Publish-subscribe pattern.

What needs improvement?

My biggest complaint about this product is the price. The cost is a significant reason why we're looking at other products right now.

Technical support is very slow and needs to be improved. Significant improvement is needed, especially when dealing with a tier-one client.

They are just now looking at Cast for their streams product, so they are a bit behind when it comes to technology. I no longer look to IBM for new technology.

We have been using the WebSphere Message Broker for more than 10 years.

We have had some issues in terms of stability.

I would say that a lot of our organization is running on this solution, although the scalability isn't perfect. I would rate the scalability a seven out of ten.

Our in-house software engineers are responsible for deployment and maintenance.

The price is very high and it's the main reason that we are searching for alternatives.

We are looking at replacing our IBM solution with RabbitMQ. It is currently being used in part of our business and we are thinking about expanding it to the whole enterprise.

There is also the option of Kafka, although you really have to understand your use case before engaging with it.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is looking at WebSphere Message Broker is to fully consider their use case. In general, I suggest looking for another product because there are better options available in terms of both cost and usability.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More IBM WebSphere Message Broker reviews from users