IBM Workload Automation Review

Its Dynamic Workload Console prevents additional code installs for the JSC.

Valuable Features

The introduction of the TDWC (Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console) was nice to have, preventing additional code installs for the JSC.

Improvements to My Organization

It gives end users the ability to monitor their jobs/workflows in real time, which helps with MTR when they experience issues.

Room for Improvement

When deleting jobs from the database that have interdependencies within other job streams, there is no warning about those dependencies, which could cause other job streams to have issues later on.

Use of Solution

We starting using it back when it was named Maestro 5.X.

I did not encounter any stability issues. It’s been a very stable and reliable product.

We have not had any scalability issues.

I rate technical support 9.5/10. I have not opened any cases over the past 1.5 years. They have always been very supportive and helpful in the past.

Initial setup was fairly straightforward. However, configuring and setting up the TDWC was somewhat of a challenge; we had to consult with Level 3 support several times to get things working properly.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Consult with a third-party vendor to assist with price discounts.

Other Solutions Considered

I did not evaluate other products before choosing this one. However, they are asking us to look at other solutions, due to cost for licensing the TWS product.

Other Advice

I would have to recommend installing the TWS Master/Backup Masters on a Linux platform, not Windows.