IBM X-Force Review

This product has helped to increase staff productivity, but would like to have more AI capabilities to detect threat

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for the solution is for incident response and detecting threats.

We are using the latest version of the exposed rack.

How has it helped my organization?

It has a lot of artificial intelligence features. It helps us detect a lot of threats. What is more important, we are able to sense and detect more threats than what we are able to predict today. IBM is investing more into AI and other areas at the moment.

This product has helped to increase staff productivity. For example, two years from now, we may end up letting go five to ten people more from a SOC analyst standpoint.

What is most valuable?

It has a lot more AI capability in terms of trying to understand the nature of threats and detect some of those major threats.

What needs improvement?

I would like a lot more AI capabilities in terms of trying to contextualize more information happening in the IT department, then correlate it into this product. This type of information would ensure that we understand attacks before they happen from a release standpoint and have good releases in the future.

Right now, we see IBM as an industry leader, and we are happy with that. However, more can be done with Watson and other product capabilities within that group. I would like to see this added into the product in the future to improve mean time to detect and mean time to respond.

Therefore, we would like to have more AI capabilities to detect threats and improve its productivity from a cybersecurity standpoint.

It has a lot of stability.

I don't face any issues with the scalability. It is a good product.

The solution support is good.

The customer support is good.

We don't have any issues with it.

This was the first time that we brought in this type of tool.

The initial setup is complex. A lot of devices need to be integrated into this tool for us to analyze all of the threats.

We used someone for the deployment whom I cannot name. I wish they had more technical staff to better deploy this product for us.

One of the fastest ways to cut costs is reducing staff, and this product can reduce staff by 70 percent.

The cost of a breach could have impacted the revenue of the company. It could have brought the shareholders' value down. From this standpoint, it becomes very important for us to understand the magnitude of each breach and see how well we are able to protect ourselves.

Cost is clearly a consideration, but the important thing is what we do with the data and how we protect it.

What other advice do I have?

Look for tools that has a lot more AI capability. There is two aspects to it: Learning the AI and training AI. At this point, the industry is more at the point of learning the AI.

The tool is a good. It's a good product. IBM is clearly a leader in the industry.

We have all aspects of security: compliance, identity management, security incident and event management, and application security. The tool came in to compliment a lot of efforts that we had already been doing.