iBwave Wi-Fi Review

High-quality heatmap generation helps with pre-sales and final deliverables

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for iBwave is for high-quality heatmap generation. We use these high-quality maps and the database functions for both pre-sales and final deliverables.

How has it helped my organization?

Before iBwave, we used a number of tools to collect and report RF data, and also Visio to create some of the visuals. iBwave replaced most/all of the other programs needed.

What is most valuable?

I find the high-quality heatmap generation, multi-floor, and wire mapping features to be most valuable. We have also started using the mobile app and it is proving to save us time.

What needs improvement?

Areas of improvement would include more functionality in the mobile app, expanded reporting features, and some shortcut features.

Three to five years.

It has proven to be stable.

I am very impressed with the scalability of this solution.

Customer support is very good. Fast and effective.

We did use AirMagnet as our standard but have switched based on iBwave's ease of use and extended toolset.

This initial setup is straightforward. We have seen database location issues during upgrades.

Our deployment was in-house. The skill level in our company is high.

We find the yearly ROI is found in a single project with a size of >1000 APs (Access points).

I advise others to treat the cost as you would any tooling cost and use the monthly option as needed.

We did evaluate AirMagnet and Ekahau.