IceWarp Review

Server storage is based on individual files corresponding to each email.

What is most valuable?

The email server is valuable

How has it helped my organization?

It is a very reliable server with powerful features, and the administration tools are straightforward. The email storage on the server is based on individual files corresponding to each email; that facilitates the tasks of backup and restore operations.

What needs improvement?

The database query for creating new database and querying about activities are too simplistic. Built-in help inside the administration interface about converting from "file system" to "database", and about creation of database options, is recommended

I have used it for eight years.

There are very good manuals online for deployment, upgrade and migration of servers. In my experience, I had no issues at all. Compared to other collaboration/email servers, including Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Domino, I classify IceWarp as one of the easiest to deploy.

Stability and reliability in all services is excellent.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

I needed online support for 2 or 3 times and they were timely, responsive, and helpful. I give them 9/10.

I used Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Domino in my previous jobs at different organizations. IceWarp is much simpler for administration and provides a better price/performance ratio for the required features in the current workplace. I think that Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Domino are more suited for large organizations requiring particular, sophisticated features.

Implementation was done in-house.

If you have a small to medium business and you require a professional collaboration server that focuses on the main services of emails and calendar scheduling, I recommend IceWarp. It is much more cost effective than other known solutions and especially a better choice than the online, per-month lease services.