Icinga Review

Stable, open-source, easy to use, and checks can be run with Python code or shell scripts

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for surveillance for some of the servers for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The drafts are easy but what I like about Icinga is that there are many add-ons that you can download.

The user interface is good, it's open-source, and it's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

They need to simplify the management of what the user can see and not see. The roles should be simpler.

At this time, the layout of the website is a bit difficult. It should be more user-friendly for changing the background and logos.

I started using Icinga approximately one year ago.

It's a stable solution. It's working as expected and there are no issues.

This is a scalable product. We have approximately 30 users in our company.

We do web checking for solutions when we run into problems.

At the start, the initial setup was a bit complex, but after reading everything it was simple.

It's a bit about the configuration and what you have to follow.

You have to install it on the web and then go through the checks. It can take some time, especially if you have many servers to be monitored.

We have our own team to maintain this solution.

It's an open-source solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Icinga. It's an open-source solution. It's quite easy, it's simple to use. Checks can be run with Python code, and Shell Script code.

Overall, we like it.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

More Icinga reviews from users