IDERA ER/Studio Review

It provides us with offline availability using TeamServer, but reusability of objects across multiple workspaces is a feature that would help.

What is most valuable?

• Centralised Repository where all the models are stored
  • TeamServer (Portal) which gives access to the models (read only) through a web browser
  • Entity Llinking Ability across data models
  • Reuse of objects within workspace on multiple diagrams

How has it helped my organization?

The organisation is a huge enterprise spread across various countries, and use ER Studio as a centralised documentation of systems/application architecture repository. This has helped the new application development team in cross-verifying, and understanding, the current setup, proposing and architecting new solutions for the organisation. Since the models are stored in a centralised repository, the process of review/refinement are handled by teams all over the world, who can now collaborate and build a common solution.

What needs improvement?

• Reusability of objects across multiple workspaces is a feature that would help in building a single enterprise model using linked up workspaces
  • Copy/Paste of diagrams to create copies between workspaces would be a handy feature to have

I've used it for over two years.

There have been no issues encountered.

There have been no issues encountered.

We are fully satisfied.

We are fully satisfied.

We did use other tools, and we switched because this solution offered us the following -

1. Stability
  2. A centralised repository
  3. Provision for offline availbility using TeamServer
  4. Entity linking accross modules

As a fresh implementation the setup was straightforward, and clear documentations helped when we were setting up the environment.

We take care off all maintenance/upgrades of the toolset in-house.

.Purchase licenses only for the functionalities which the organisation will use.

What other advice do I have?

Make effective use of Entity Reusability for an enterprise level usage.

More IDERA ER/Studio reviews from users