IDERA ER/Studio Review

It helped us to make extracts and split databases when we were selling parts of our company.

Valuable Features

Reverse engineering existing databases. I use the reverse engineering features to map existing databases to understand their structure and make improvements.

Improvements to My Organization

One example is the use of the product to make extracts and split databases, and we were selling parts of the company to other regions of other companies. It made the process more efficient and faster and less costly.

Room for Improvement

I don't have any specific ideas about how to improve the product. I always have the upgrades and every upgrade comes with some improvements and it's good.

Use of Solution

I've used both products for over 10 years probably between 10 and 14 years, I don't remember the exact number.

10/10.

10/10.

The previous standard was Your Studio by CA, and I used that until I discovered the alternatives and immediately worked with the standards committee to include it and the standards for the company. I chose this product because it's ease-of-use an excellent support.

Initial set up was pretty straightforward, and it looks for database connections that are already configured on your machine and automatically sets them up once it's installed great feature.

Implementation Team

I implemented just my own copy I didn't do it large-scale implementation. Other people within the company use it but it's independent for each user to set their own environment up I didn't have any problems or don't have a particular recommendations for other companies it's pretty straightforward.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The initial base price is a little bit high, and my recommendation is that once you've licensed the base, to keep the maintenance renewed because that's a much more reasonable annual cost.

Other Advice

My advice would be to use the Technical Support they're very good if you've got questions they're always there to help.