IDERA ER/Studio Review

The data modeling module is very fast, reliable, up-to-date, and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We use it for data modeling.

How has it helped my organization?

I always work in big corporations, and what I do is relatively small, it's enhancements. The company that I work for has many products and this is just one of them.

The main benefit is that you can do things fast with it and that's very important. It helps reduce the overall time and meet the deadlines.

Also, IDERA keeps up with the versions of Oracle and SQL Server that I'm using. I mostly use SQL Server and when there are new features, a new type of index, for example, IDERA also includes them in upgrades of the data modeling tool.

What is most valuable?

The data modeling module is important to me because I am a database developer and designer. I also take part in designing applications and that always starts with data modeling. It's very fast, reliable, up-to-date, so easy to use, smooth.

The solution is also easy to explain to others and the graphics are good. Finally, the menu choices are also important. There are a lot of them and they are good.

More than five years.

I've not encountered any issues with its stability.

I haven't tested the scalability. I have hundreds of tables, but if you have thousands of tables I don't know how it would work.

The only thing I had an issue with was licensing, and the support was very good. They replied very quickly and it was very smooth.

A long time ago I use erwin. I switched at that time because it became too complicated to use. But that was a long time ago.

No issues with the initial setup.

It is priced fairly. It's around the same as erwin and other competitors' costs.

I evaluated Microsoft Visio.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend IDERA ER/Studio, but people in my profession are divided by their loyalties. I am loyal to this product, but if you talk to another developer who has been using erwin all his life, that person might say, "Hey, erwin is better." I say ER/Studio is good but in the world of developers, people still have to evaluate things for themselves.

I have no complaints. That's why I've been using it for so long. I rate it a nine out of ten. It's easy and fast to use.