IDERA SQL Compliance Manager Review

Gives our Internal Audit team a cost-effective tool to use for SOX compliance

What is our primary use case?

It is mainly used to monitor and audit all SQL Servers, and data is being used by our Internal Audit team for SOX auditing.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides our Internal Audit team with a tool to use for SOX compliance.

What is most valuable?

It's cheaper than other applications I researched and it has the auditing capabilities needed for SOX compliance.

What needs improvement?

We are not on the latest version yet so I'm not sure if that version is a lot better in terms of grooming/archiving.

Three to five years.

I submitted a ticket (last year) about archiving/grooming of old records because the GUI functionality was not working. Per their recommendation, I ended up using a command line to do it.

No issues with scalability.

I don't have any issues with their technical support.

We've been using this tool since I started here. I'm not sure if another tool was used prior to my tenure.

The tool was already up and running when I started here but I had a chance to add another server to be monitored and the agent installation was pretty straightforward.

The product is cheaper than other products I checked but it is still a good idea to check again and compare.

I did check other options when this product was up for renewal but ended up renewing it. I checked ApexSQL Audit and Dell Change Auditor.

What other advice do I have?

Plan ahead in terms of what to audit so that the Repository database doesn't get crazy big.