IDERA SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server Review

Monitors and alerts on our mission critical instances in real-time on a 24/7 basis

What is our primary use case?

We use SQL DM to monitor and alert on our mission critical instances in real-time on a 24/7 basis. SQL DM was also used to troubleshoot deadlocks, blocking, and slow query performance helping in faster resolution and consistent uptime.

How has it helped my organization?

SQL DM made troubleshooting much easier and allowed multiple people to look into an issue with confidence. The default and custom alerting allowed for instance problem resolution by anyone on the IT team.

What is most valuable?

The best part of SQL DM is the ability to customize alerts and counters. This allows our team to find an issue, then alert on the issue at a granular level.

What needs improvement?

It would helpful if SQL DM could mark when changes are made within the program. This would make it easier to see on a graph when something happened and the effect of that change.

10.1
More IDERA SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about IDERA, SolarWinds, Redgate and others in Database Development and Management. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.