IFS Applications Review

Versatile with good enterprise management solutions but pricing could be better

What is our primary use case?

We work in the four segments: aerospace and defense, manufacturing, EPTA (enterprise) which is contracting and sub-contracting, and enterprise management. We offer enterprise solutions in the client's workplace.

What is most valuable?

The enterprise management solutions within the solution are very strong. It's been listed as number one in the Gartner Report for the last five years. They really are at the top of their game.

The solution overall is very versatile and flexible, especially compared to other products.

What needs improvement?

As a salesperson, my perspective is limited. Someone from a development team may have more insights into which features may be lacking.

It would be ideal if, in the future, the product could incorporate IoT and blockchain elements. We'd like to explore more of these types of features going forward. We feel they could enhance our client experience and add value to our own solutions.

The pricing could be a bit better. It's a little high.

I've been dealing with the solution for three years at this point.

The solution is very stable. Even if we have to do upgrades or customized development, it performs well. We don't find there are issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

Scalability isn't a problem at all. It's very easy to do if a company needs to expand the solution.

In a large majority of cases, we handle the technical support for our clients. It's been very rare where we would need to reach out to IFS technical support to get assistance with problems.

The initial setup isn't too complex. In fact, it's pretty simple. It's straightforward.

The length of time it takes to deploy depends on the client's requirements and the scope of the project. On average, it takes about two to six months to deploy.

I haven't personally handled the implementation, however, as I am more on the sales-side.

We handle the maintenance on behalf of our clients as necessary.

The solution is not cheap. It's competitive, however, it's a bit higher than other options on the market. Everything is included in the license. You don't have to purchase additional features beyond that.

So far, we've compared IFS to some extent with SAP. Comparatively, we can say IFS stands on top, at least compared to SAP.

What other advice do I have?

We have to work with the latest version of the solution. However, there are some clients who are working on the old versions and they want to perform on the new versions. Occasionally, there is conversion onto new versions.

Along with the digital transformation, clients are especially in the manufacturing sector. They want some kind of new technology to come up and add some value to them. That's a part of the journey for digital transformation.

We are currently exploring the cloud, even though we mostly work with the on-premises deployment model.

The solution is suitable for all sizes of business. We have solution working for big clients as well as for small, growing clients.

Overall, I would recommend the solution. It's one of the best on the market and is well known.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

More IFS Applications reviews from users
...who compared it with BMC Remedy Asset Management
Learn what your peers think about IFS Applications. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.