Ifs logo rgb 300x300 reasonably small

IFS Applications Review
Provides warehouse functionality. The pricing matrix allowed us to implement an automated pricing model.

Valuable Features:

Pricing matrix and warehouse functionality.

• Pricing Matrix: Allowed us to implement a very complex "go to market" pricing model. This allowed us to tailor pricing to individual customer requirements. We could implement an automated pricing model that maximized gross profit in a very competitive environment.
  • Warehouse Functionality: In ERP terms is rich, allowing us to run three separate businesses in a shared warehouse environment.

Improvements to My Organization:

It has enforced process discipline within the business. This led to increased efficiencies and reduced errors. At the same time, it gave business visibility to operational and senior management.

Room for Improvement:

Usability could be improved.

Use of Solution:

My time with the product has spanned two years. There was eighteen months during the implementation process, and six months after go-live.

Stability Issues:

The product is generally stable. It is no better or worse that other ERP packages that I have used.

Scalability Issues:

We have only had scalability issues in terms of hardware. The product scales well. However, the original hardware requirements were not specified high enough to meet the number of users. We increased disk I/O on the server to resolve this issue.

Local Australian based support is good. This consists mainly of product consultants, subject matter experts, and project managers.

As the product is developed overseas, customization that requires programming takes longer than originally expected.

Previous Solutions:

We had a bespoke green screen-based ERP with limited functionality.

We changed solutions to get better functionality and a modern, supported platform to take us forward for the foreseeable future.

Initial Setup:

The initial implementation was more complex than expected. We purchased a pre-configured version. We were told that it would fit our business model.

During implementation, it was found to be inadequate. Additional configuration changes had to be made throughout the implementation phase.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Both the pricing and licensing need to be negotiated up front. If possible, include future expansion plans in terms of additional users and modules. The best discounts are applied at the initial purchasing stage.

Other Solutions Considered:

We evaluated two other SAP products.

Other Advice:

I would advise that you include a "Fit/Gap analysis" workshop as part of the evaluation process. This may add to the cost, but will reduce the number of issues that need to be resolved during the project implementation.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About IFS Applications?

Our experts can help. 217,939 professionals have used our research on 5,608 solutions.