Ifs logo rgb 300x300 reasonably small

IFS Applications Review
Provides warehouse functionality. The pricing matrix allowed us to implement an automated pricing model.

Valuable Features

Pricing matrix and warehouse functionality.

• Pricing Matrix: Allowed us to implement a very complex "go to market" pricing model. This allowed us to tailor pricing to individual customer requirements. We could implement an automated pricing model that maximized gross profit in a very competitive environment.
  • Warehouse Functionality: In ERP terms is rich, allowing us to run three separate businesses in a shared warehouse environment.

Improvements to My Organization

It has enforced process discipline within the business. This led to increased efficiencies and reduced errors. At the same time, it gave business visibility to operational and senior management.

Room for Improvement

Usability could be improved.

Use of Solution

My time with the product has spanned two years. There was eighteen months during the implementation process, and six months after go-live.

The product is generally stable. It is no better or worse that other ERP packages that I have used.

We have only had scalability issues in terms of hardware. The product scales well. However, the original hardware requirements were not specified high enough to meet the number of users. We increased disk I/O on the server to resolve this issue.

Local Australian based support is good. This consists mainly of product consultants, subject matter experts, and project managers.

As the product is developed overseas, customization that requires programming takes longer than originally expected.

We had a bespoke green screen-based ERP with limited functionality.

We changed solutions to get better functionality and a modern, supported platform to take us forward for the foreseeable future.

The initial implementation was more complex than expected. We purchased a pre-configured version. We were told that it would fit our business model.

During implementation, it was found to be inadequate. Additional configuration changes had to be made throughout the implementation phase.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Both the pricing and licensing need to be negotiated up front. If possible, include future expansion plans in terms of additional users and modules. The best discounts are applied at the initial purchasing stage.

Other Solutions Considered

We evaluated two other SAP products.

Other Advice

I would advise that you include a "Fit/Gap analysis" workshop as part of the evaluation process. This may add to the cost, but will reduce the number of issues that need to be resolved during the project implementation.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About IFS Applications?

Our experts can help. 239,056 professionals have used our research on 5,957 solutions.