What is most valuable?
- Business analytics
- Financial report generation
- Ease of use
- Individual user profiles that can be configured as templates to minimize data entry
- Global search
How has it helped my organization?
I work as a systems integrator. Our client has benefited as follows:
- Reduced transaction time
- Better visibility
- Easier tracking
- More control on business and automation
- Better agility: The ability to move swiftly as times and market conditions change
What needs improvement?
This product is good for certain business verticals, every product has its strengths and weakness. They are fully aware of it. Thus, they only sell in industry verticals where their solution offering is very strong. However, the product is good enough for many more industry verticals and for use as a general ERP.
Areas were I would like to see improvements:
- Workflow designing across application modules to reflect business workflow across departments.
- Ability to place approval check-points in the custom workflow, so clients can decide what they want it.
For how long have I used the solution?
We have used the solution since 2001.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
We have not encountered any issues with stability.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
We have not encountered any issues with scalability.
How is customer service and technical support?
The technical support is generally good when you are subscribed to the Annual Maintenance and Support package. However, the global community is not good for support if you are looking for outside help.
Which solutions did we use previously?
As system integrators, we have switched companies from other products to IFS. We have also switched some companies from IFS to Oracle. Some of the reasons were:
- It is hard to find qualified IFS resources who can work as full-time client employees.
- Customization can only be done by IFS and not by the clients themselves.
- There are no development tools for clients even if they want to purchase.
How was the initial setup?
The setup was very straightforward.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Conduct tough negotiations regarding price and services. It is better to buy implementation services from IFS than from partners. Not many partners have well qualified resources and are not formally trained on the latest product version.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
We evaluated Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, Epicor, and Sage.
What other advice do I have?
It is better to buy implementation services from IFS than from partners.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are not product or vendor inclined. We perform client requirement assessments and suggest products that best suit business needs and pain areas.
We are not a customer, we are system integrators and implement IFS , Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics as ERP and we also do HIS (Hospital Information System) Implementation besides Integration B2B Projects.
Aug 13 2017