IFS Applications Review
Provides business analytics, financial report generation, and global search.

What is most valuable?

• Business analytics
  • Financial report generation
  • Ease of use
  • Individual user profiles that can be configured as templates to minimize data entry
  • Global search

How has it helped my organization?

I work as a systems integrator. Our client has benefited as follows:

• Reduced transaction time
  • Better visibility
  • Easier tracking
  • More control on business and automation
  • Better agility: The ability to move swiftly as times and market conditions change

What needs improvement?

This product is good for certain business verticals, every product has its strengths and weakness. They are fully aware of it. Thus, they only sell in industry verticals where their solution offering is very strong. However, the product is good enough for many more industry verticals and for use as a general ERP.

Areas were I would like to see improvements:

1. Workflow designing across application modules to reflect business workflow across departments.
  2. Ability to place approval check-points in the custom workflow, so clients can decide what they want it.

We have used the solution since 2001.

We have not encountered any issues with stability.

We have not encountered any issues with scalability.

The technical support is generally good when you are subscribed to the Annual Maintenance and Support package. However, the global community is not good for support if you are looking for outside help.

As system integrators, we have switched companies from other products to IFS. We have also switched some companies from IFS to Oracle. Some of the reasons were:

• It is hard to find qualified IFS resources who can work as full-time client employees.
  • Customization can only be done by IFS and not by the clients themselves.
  • There are no development tools for clients even if they want to purchase.

The setup was very straightforward.

Conduct tough negotiations regarding price and services. It is better to buy implementation services from IFS than from partners. Not many partners have well qualified resources and are not formally trained on the latest product version.

We evaluated Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, Epicor, and Sage.

What other advice do I have?

It is better to buy implementation services from IFS than from partners.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are not product or vendor inclined. We perform client requirement assessments and suggest products that best suit business needs and pain areas. We are not a customer, we are system integrators and implement IFS , Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics as ERP and we also do HIS (Hospital Information System) Implementation besides Integration B2B Projects.
2 visitors found this review helpful